Paige Hemmis is in the holiday spirit with this fun and festive DIY.
DIY Christmas Paint Brushes
Decor, Christmas Decor
Christmas , Seasonal
- Paint brushes in various sizes
- Acrylic paint in the following colors: white, black, red, brown and any other color you would like.
- Googly eyes
- Brown felt
- White felt
- Wooden button plugs (1/2” size)
- Black paint pen or Sharpie
- Hot glue sticks
- Glue gun
- Fabric scissors
- Artist paintbrush
- Small White pom poms
- Paint the handle part of your paintbrush solid red. Set aside to dry.
- Paint the top part of the bristles white. This will be Santa’s beard. Set aside to dry.
- Paint the bottom part of the bristles red in the shape of a “V”. This will be Santa’s jacket. Set aside to dry.
- Paint your wooden button red (or mix white and red to make a pink color). This will be Santa’s nose. Set aside to dry.
- Take your white felt or furry material and cut it to the size of your silver strip on the paintbrush. Leave a little part of the metal showing, about the size of your googly eyes. Measure all the way around so that all the top of the silver is covered with white fabric.
- Add the white fabric to the paintbrush with hot glue. Secure all the way around. This will be the white furry part of Santa’s hat.
- Add the googly eyes on the paintbrush for Santa’s eyes.
- Add any embellishments that you would like to the hat, like a little piece of holly on the brim and a white pom pom on the top of the hat/handle.
- You can leave the handle red, or add white polka dots.
- Use these same steps to create a reindeer, a snowman, an angel, or any other Christmas character you would like.