- Soft clay; oven bake
- Craft knife
- Parchment paper
- Corn starch
- Rolling pin
- X-acto knife; optional
- Oven safe drinking glass
- Cookie cutter; optional
- Toothpick and/or straw
- Hot glue gun
- Battery powered tea candles
1. Work on a covered surface.
2. Warm the clay with your hands and roll it around until it is easy to work with.
3. Place on a covered surface that has been sprinkled with a tiny bit of cornstarch.
4. Use a rolling pin to roll out to clay to about a ¼ of an inch thick.
5. To make the “tree” night lights, use a cookie cutter shaped as a tree to cut out the tree shape.
6. Punch holes into the tree using a toothpick or a straw, depending on what size holes you would like.
7. Create a base for the tree, this could be done freehand, with a round cookie cutter, or you can use the top of the drinking glass to cut the circle shape out if the glass is the same size the entire shape.
8. Place the tree onto the oven-safe drinking glass to help create a bend in the shape.
9. Make sure to place a little small sheet of parchment paper between the glass and the clay or the clay could stick to the glass.
10. Place glass covered with the clay onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and place the base for the light on there as well.
11. Bake according to package instructions.
12. Allow to cool.
13. Glue together with the hot glue gun.
14. Place battery powered candle behind to create a nightlight.
15. For the angel; follow the same steps to roll out the clay, and cut out a cone shape with the craft knife being sure to also cut out the top of the cone shape.
16. Punch holes into the shape using either a straw or a toothpick.
17. Create the cone shape; lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and fill the bottom of the cone with parchment paper to create make the cone full in order to hold the shape.
18. Baking according to package instructions.
19. Create the head by rolling some clay into a ball and create the wings by rolling out the clay and creating the desired shape; bake according to package instructions.
20. Once everything is cooled, glue together with hot glue.
21. Place a battery powered candle inside the bottom of the cone to create the nightlight.