Orly Shani is helping us get a jump start on handmade stocking stuffers with DIY Christmas Keychains.
- Craft paint in desired colors
- Wooden craft beads in various sizes and thread spools or clothespins
- Twine or cording in desired colors
- Big pom-poms
- Yarn needle
To Create The Snowman
- Paint two wood beads white, one smaller than the other. Set aside to dry.
- Paint a wooden craft thread spool black for the top hat. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a length of twine or cord then fold it in half, string it through the beads and thread spool with the spool on top, the smaller bead, then the larger. Knot to secure, trim the excess cord.
- Decorate the snowman. Add painted or rhinestone buttons and nose. If adding rhinestones, add a dab of glue in place then use tweezers to set the gem into the glue.
- Add the scarf. Cut a length of ribbon then wrap it around the “neck” of the snowman. Glue in place.
- Allow the glue to set for 24 hours, gift or attach to keys then enjoy!
To Create The Nutcracker
- Paint the base colors on for the pants, jacket and boots which are black, red and blue. Paint a thread spool black. Allow to dry.
- Paint the laces onto the jacket and boots in gold. Make the parallel dots first then connect with lines.
- Glue the top hat on.
- Tie twine or cord on, then attach to keys or gifts! Enjoy!
To Create The Sugar Plum Ballerina
- Paint the face and hair onto a medium sized wooden bead. Paint a smaller wooden bead the same color as the hair to make the “bun”. Allow to dry.
- Cut a length of twine or cord, fold in half then use a yarn needle to string through the pom-pom then the head, then the “bun”. Knot to secure at the top and bottom.
- Attach to keys or gift and enjoy!