- Very bright flashlights (look for 1000 lumens)
- Batteries for the flashlights (what the manufacturer suggests)
- Black card stock
- Christmas themed card stock or scrapbook paper
- Christmas punch stamps
- Double-sided tape or hot glue and glue gun
- OPTIONAL: Ruler
- OPTIONAL: Coffee or Solo Cup
1. Measure the circumference of the lighted end of your flashlight. You can do this with a ruler, or just trace the flashlight onto the paper.
2. Using your craft punch stamp, stamp different shapes into the cardstock within the circle that you drew for your flashlight (keep in mind that every flashlight will vary in size).
3. If you are using black card stock, also use a Christmas-themed scrapbook paper to punch out and put on the top (this is really just for aesthetics – the card stock will be doing all of the work. Secure with double-sided tape.
4. Attach the card stock to the end of the flashlight. (Optional: If you are using a flashlight with a curved glass - to keep from distorting, attach the card stock to a cut coffee cup and attach that to the end of the flashlight)
5. Test the flashlight in a dark room to see if the projection is correct.
6. Either give as a gift or give to the kids to play with. Either way, it’s a fun Christmas addition to any household!