Maria Provenzano shows us how to make a DIY Christmas Card Display to showcase all of the cards you receive this Holiday Season.
DIY Christmas Card Display
DIY Christmas Card Display - Home & Family
DIY CHRISTMAS CARD DISPLAY MATERIALS:
- 12” x 12” cork tiles
- Green felt fabric
- Brown felt fabric
- Glitter craft foam
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Butcher paper
- Command strips
DIY CHRISTMAS CARD DISPLAY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Lay out the cork sheets out to size how large you want the display tree.
- Create a symmetrical template for the tree. Cut a piece of butcher paper to size of the cork, fold it in half, draw your tree shape, cut it out and unfold.
- Attach the cork pieces together. Apply glue along each of the touching edges, align and press together to secure the glue one by one until all the cork sheets are attached to each other.
- Place and trace the tree template onto the cork with marker and cut out using an x-acto knife.
- Cut an oversized piece of green felt and a piece of brown felt for the trunk
- Adhere the felt to the cork with spray adhesive. Smooth any bubbles or wrinkles with hands or pulling up and repositioning. Allow the glue to dry.
- Cutaway the excess felt away from the edges of the cork tree with a rotary cutter or scissors.
- Create the ornament thumbtacks. Cut out circular or ornament shaped pieces of glitter craft foam in various colors to create the ornament, hot glue to top of tack. Repeat for as many tacks as desired.
- Hang cork tree using double-sided adhesive or command strips, use ornament pins as desired to hang cards and enjoy!