- ¾” Plywood sheet that measures 3’ x 4’
- White paint
- Metal letters that spell “books”
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine & thread
- 1” wooden dowels or curtain rods
- French cleat
- Double curtain rod
- 1” x 2”
- Nail gun
1. Paint your board. Set aside to dry.
2. Decide how deep you want your book sling to be and cut your fabric to 5” wider than that to account for seam allowance and a 2” tube on both sides to feed the rods through.
3. Pin and sew the tubes on both sides.
4. Feed a rod into each tube of the sling.
5. If you are making your own rod hooks, use a jigsaw to cut them out and sand any rough edges.
6. If you want to frame the book caddy, cut 1” x 2” wood pieces down to size and use a nail gun to attach.
7. Mark where you want to place your letters and where you want the rod hooks to sit.
8. Drill the rod hooks in from the back of the plywood.
9. Glue the letters onto the board.
10. Attach your french cleat pieces, one to the wall and one to the back of your book caddy.
11. Hang, fill with books and enjoy!