- Latex balloons in clear and Christmas colors
- Balloon ribbon in green and desired colors
- Double stick tape
- Glittery foam sheets
- Construction paper in black and various colors
- Tissue Paper
- White cardstock
- Snowflake paper punch
- Helium tank
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Optional: Balloon cups and sticks
To create the Christmas Light String Balloons
1. Draw a Christmas light bulb, create a 1” x 1” square at the bottom to attach the bulb base and cut out. This is your template.
2. Take various colors of construction paper and fold them in half. Trace the template on the fold of the construction paper and cut out as many as you need.
3. Cut a bunch of 1” x 2” rectangles from green construction paper. Attach to the square part of the bulb
to mimic the base of a Christmas bulb.
4. As many lengths of green ribbon as you want Christmas light strings.
5. Take the bulbs and start attaching them to the string in alternating colors. Sandwich the ribbon in the fold of the Christmas bulbs, secure with double stick tape.
6. Blow up the balloons, tie Christmas light strings on and enjoy!
To create the Ornament Swag Balloons
1. Blow up balloons to about 1/3 full and tie off.
2. Cut a bunch of short ribbons and tie them off to the knots of the balloon.
3. To create the ornament top, cut a rectangle from the glitter foam sheet and secure the ends together to create a short cylinder.
4. Trace the top of the cylinder onto the foam sheet and cut out that circle to cap the top. Glue it on and poke a hole in the center of the top to feed the ribbon through.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 for as many balloon ornaments you plan on making.
6. Slide ornament top you’ve created onto the ribbon of the balloon, covering the knot. Repeat with all of the ornament balloons.
7. Cut a length of ribbon for the swag that is slightly longer than the space where you are hanging.
8. Tie the ends of the balloon ribbons onto the swag length in evenly spaced increments.
9. Hang swag as desired and enjoy!
To create the Christmas Confetti balloons
1. Take tissue paper and cut it into a bunch of tiny pieces to create confetti.
2. Stretch the opening of the balloon out and funnel in confetti with make-shift paper cone or funnel.
3. Blow up balloon with helium tank.
4. Tie String on. If the balloon is too heavy, use a balloon cup and stick.
5. Punch snowflakes out of white cardstock and attach to balloon string or stick.
6. Arrange as desired and enjoy!