- Faux leather sheets
- Double capped rivet kit
- Leather punch
- Rotary cutter
- Fabric scissors
- Spray adhesive
- Optional: Soft tape measure
1. Use your rotary cutter and ruler to cut the faux leather down to size.
a. *Spray adhesive sheets together before you cut if you want the leather finish on the inside as well. *
2. Fold your piece into fourths, line up your corners and cut through them all at once with your fabric scissors. Now each corner of your material has two mini corners.
3. Take one corner of your material and fold it so that the two mini corners meet. Line up your leather punch centered to about 1/2” in from the corner and punch through both layers of material.
4. Put rivet through the hole, put the cap on and hammer using the set provided in the kit to secure the corner.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 on all corners.
6. Once your tray has shape, use binder clips to clamp the edges for an hour or so in order to create a crease.
7. If you want to add a contrasting color insert, use a soft tape measure to get the dimensions of the bed of your tray. Cut a piece of contrasting material to those dimensions. Adhere to bed of the tray.
8. Use your fabric scissors to round the edges around the rivets.