Ken Wingard has a DIY to help us keep organized so we know where to find our keys and sunglasses.
- Cutting board
- Disc magnets (four per hole)
- Craft wire, 1/8th inch in thickness
- Drill with forstner bit (match the bit size to the magnet disc size)
- Wire cutters
- D-ring hangers
- Drywall picture hangers
- Measure the length of what you would like your sunglass bar to be, then add two inches and cut it to length.
- Bend either end of the wire, using pliers, at one inch on each side.
- Hold your bent wire onto the board where you would like it to go and mark where it lines up.
- Drill holes at the marks you made using a drill bit that is the same size as the wire.
- Turn the project over. Measure and mark, across the bottom of the board, where you would like the key holders to be. Use the magnets to trace circles to get the most accurate spacing.
- Using the forstner bit, drill the magnet holes, but do not drill all the way through.
- Place glue inside the holes and add your magnets. We’ve found that stacking four will work best through the wood.
- Turn the project back over and wedge the wire into the previously drilled holes. No glue should be needed as the drill holes are the same size as the wire.
- Hang using d-ring holders and drywall picture hangers.