Actress Heather Hemmens is showing you how easy it is to make your own candles.
DIY Candle Making
Home Decor, Handmade
- Hot plate or other burner
- Melting pot & pan
- Tea cups or other candle containers
- Glue to affix wick to bottom of tea cup
- Colors (wax blocks)
- Scents (oils)
- Melt 2 lbs. wax in melting pot placed in 2 cups hot water, not going above 175 degrees. Keep on low heat
- Affix wick to base of container
- Shave off colors (or drop small pieces) from wax color block and add to melted wax
- Add scents to melted wax.
- Pour wax into tea cup container
- Let sit (4 - 5 hours to fully harden)
- Show completed candle samples