1. Use a terracotta pot for your base.
2. Use another coaster to trace the same dimensions onto foam core. Cut with X-Acto knife.
3. Repeat same step on cork board. Cut with X-Acto knife.
4. Cut slit in foam core to fit the cork coaster inside.
5. Use a spray adhesive to combine the foam core and cork.
6. Use your coaster template to trace around the cork board with your X-Acto knife.
7. Use foam core and cut this to the size of your pot.
8. Add cork to the top of the foam core.
9. Cut small slits (1-inch deep and width is determined by thickness of cork) in your coaster so that your respective coaster can fit together.
10. Paint coasters green.
11. Fit together the coasters to create a cactus shape.
12. Add white detailing to your coasters (lines or dots for the cactus needles)