This DIY will have butterflies fluttering on your lawn all season long.
DIY Butterfly Lawn Stakes
- Foam core
- X-Acto knife
- Wood dowels
- Paint or spray paint
- Wood round
- Wood stake
- Styrofoam sphere
- Styrofoam cone
- Hot glue
- Trace butterfly wings on foam core and cut out.
- Paint or spray paint desired color.
- Paint black mask over color once it has dried.
- Paint on the smaller details.
- Hot glue two wood dowels in the middle of the back of each wing. Make sure that the dowels stick out on the inside of each wing where they will attach to the body.
- Add the Styrofoam cone point down onto a wood dowel, and then add the Styrofoam sphere on top.
- Use sandpaper on the Styrofoam to create the butterfly body.
- Paint the butterfly body black.
- Add the wings to the body by sticking the dowels into each side.
- Drill a hole on the bottom of the body at the angle you want your butterfly to be flying.
- Add your butterfly to your wood lawn stake.
- Either stick in the ground or attach the lawn stake onto a wood round.