- Burlap or burlap ribbon in desired color
- Chicken wire
- Optional: Tree topper like a star or ornament
- Optional: Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Take a square of chicken wire and roll it into a cone. Shape it with your fingers, manipulating it into the shape you want. Tuck the wires on the edge and in around each other to secure the structure, then fold up and under any excess you have on the bottom to create a flat bottom.
2. Cut a bunch of 4-inch squares of burlap.
3. Starting from the bottom, poke burlap through the holes. For the very bottom row let the squares trail outward to give the tree a pretty finish at the bottom.
4. Work your way up, continue poking the squares through the holes as you make your way up.
5. If you prefer to put a topper on, just hot glue a plastic star or a shiny ornament on.