- Origami Paper
- Card Stock
Directions for Corner Bookmarks
1. Fold the paper in half, bottom corner to top corner.
2. Fold and glue the bottom-left corner up to the top corner. Repeat with the right corner.
3. Turn over, then fold the bottom corner - top layer only - up to the top corner.
4. Unfold your last fold and fold back up, in the other direction, into the pocket.
5. Make monster facial features (such as eyes, a mouth, a nose, and/or teeth) from your scraps of card stock, and glue them to your bookmark.
Directions for Straight-On Bookmarks
1. First, make sure you choose suitable paper. Select a paper to act as the support for your bookmark, and then choose an additional image or pattern to glue over the top. Feel free to make a collage of other papers or to select multiple images if you want.
2. Cut the paper (the size of the bookmark is up to you) Cut the bookmark measuring 2-3 inches wide. Don’t make the bookmark longer than 6 inches, as some books are this size and you don’t want the bookmark to stick out the bottom as well as the top.
3. Add your details. using the decorative paper or images you may have selected, cut and glue them onto the bookmark. Try gluing a piece of textured paper or a cut-out from a magazine over the entirety of the cardstock for an easy way to add style to your craft.