Ken Wingard has created a stylish way to transport your picnic to wherever you need to go for a good time outdoors with the family.
- Wooden craft boxes, 2 to make the blanket storage and food storage
- Wide leather belts, 3 to make the blanket storage and food storage
- 1” x 6” wood cut to:
- The width of the inside of craft box, x2
- The length of the box or both boxes
- 1” x 1” wood cut to 6”
- Zip ties
- Flathead screws with binding posts
- Drill bit to size of binding post
- Leather punch or awl
- Heavy-duty scissors or X-Acto knife
- Circular saw
- Create the base for the storage box to sit on. Cut a 1” x 6” to the length of your box or boxes if creating both plus 2”.
- Adhere the 1” x 1” to each 6” end of the wood.
- Attach the base piece to your bike with zip ties.
- To create the plate holder; cut a piece of 1” x 6” to the width of the inside of your box. Glue in place vertically at a good depth for the desired number of plates.
- To create the glass holder, cut a piece of 1” x 6” to the width of your craft box. Use a drill to make the entry hole, then jigsaw to cut out two circles to hold wine glasses.
- Screw the drink holder into place from the outside of the box inward.
- Cut a belt to a good length to wrap around a bottle then punch several belt holes in it with the leather punch or awl to be able to secure multiple sizes of bottles.
- Punch two holes side by side about 1” apart across the belt for the screws.
- Attach the bottle holding belt into the box. Drill through the side of the box opposite the plate holder then feed the flat screws through the holes of the belt and into the wood. Feed the binding post through the other side of the wood then tighten to attach the belt to the box.
- To create the blanket storage, use the same principles as steps 7-9 but sized for a blanket, the whole belt could work depending on the size. Punch two holes side by side through the center of each belt then attach to the bottom of the box with screws.
- Place the storage on the bike, secure in place with zip ties and enjoy!