- Pool noodle OR Pipe Insulation Foam Tubes
- Spray Glue
- Fabric Glue
- Hot Glue
- Tan/Brown Felt
- Yellow Felt
- Craft Store Bees
- Tape Measure
- Duct Tape
- Floral Wire
1. Figure out/measure the area that will be the top of the costume(1st and smallest circle) and where you want it to end on you (this will be the last and widest circle).
2. For the circles at the bottom, you might need to extend the noodle
3. To extend the noodle use a 1 inch dowel cut to 4 inches long to connect the two pieces of
noodle together. Use a low temp hot glue gun to keep dowel in place. TIP: To save time, you
can connect the two noodles with a dowel and then secure with duct tape on the outside
instead of glue.
4. Once you have your length, lay out the tan/brown felt and use spray glue to wrap and
attach it around the noodle. Trim any excess fabric.
5. Use fabric glue to fuse the seam of the felt together
6. Connect the two ends of the noodle with a dowel and low temp hot glue gun to make a
circle (make sure seams are on the inside) TIP: For the smaller circles, place a piece of duct tape around the connection of the two ends of your noodle. This will ensure that the two ends
will fuse together without separating. Remove duct tape once glue has dried.
7. Stack and glue the circles from bottom to top using hot glue
8. Glue on yellow felt to give the appearance of honey drips
9. Use floral wire to attach bees onto the beehive