- Fabric (two contrasting pieces)
- Sewing machine
- Measuring tape
1. Take measuring tape and measure your bed. This is to determine what the width and length of your fabric will be. Create a piece that is the width plus however many needed inches on either side (measurements will differ from a twin sized bed to a king, etc).
2. Take width of bed and add in width of pockets.
3. Cut two pockets out of contrasting fabric (with 1inch seam allowance).
4. Lay contrasting fabric on top of the end of main long fabric piece and secure with pins.
5. Fold over side seams and bottom to sew closed.
6. Repeat on the other side of long fabric.
7. Decide on how wide you want each pocket and draw each preferred pocket with chalk and sew (Make as wide as you want depending on how much stuff you have). Repeat making of pockets on the other side of long fabric end.
8. Place under mattress for ultimate storage of your bedside items.