- Pre-existing bed skirt
- Ribbon (multiple colors and widths)
- Fabric scissors
- Fray Check
- Sewing machine
1. Put your bed skirt on.
2. Cut a few strips of ribbon and pin them to the skirt vertically to determine your spacing between each ribbon.
3. Take the bed skirt off and lay it out.
4. Cut various lengths of ribbon and begin laying them on the bed skirt to figure out the length, color and width arrangement you like.
5. Now it’s time to start gluing everything in place!
a. If you have an elastic bed skirt lay the ribbons with about 1” excess above the top of the elastic. Fold the ribbons over to the backside of the elastic and secure with glue.
b. If you have a traditional bed skirt lay the ribbons with about 1” excess coming up onto the sheet part of your bed skirt. Secure on with Fabri-Tac.
6. Apply Fray Check to the end of your ribbons to prevent fraying.
7. Allow the glue to dry, put your bed skirt on and enjoy!