- Beach Towel
- Fabric Cutter
- Pillow Stuffing
- Sewing Machine
Directions for DIY Beach Towel Bag Pillow:
1. Measure 24”W x 14”L on your fabric to create the size for the pillow.
2. Cut excess fabric away to create the pillow.
3. Make sure that the pillow fabric is centered at the front end of your towel.
4. Pin the sides of your fabric to the towel.
5. Sew 3 sides of your fabric onto the towel.
6. Leave about 6” of room for your hand to fit inside to stuff the open side.
7. Stuff open pocket with pillow stuffing.
8. Pin the 6” closed.
9. Sew final 6” closed.
10. Hold towel with pillow finished.
Directions for DIY Beach Towel Straps:
1. Cut fabric for straps. Make it double the width you actually need.
2. Fold and iron each side of the fabric strap.
3. Sew ends of fabric together.
4. Safety pin the top and feed through to hide your frayed edges.
5. Iron handle so it is fully flat.
6. Fold the fabric at the end a couple of times to hide any of the fray.
7. Attach one of the straps to the end of the towel.
8. Pin each end of the fabric onto the towel.
9. Sew each end of the fabric straps onto the end of the towel.
10. The second strap will go in the middle of the back of the towel to ensure the bag has two straps and can be held upright. Use pins to keep a placeholder in your towel. Then, sew the straps onto the towel similar to the first strap sewn.
11. You can choose to use leftover fabric scraps from previous projects to add a different design/pop of color to your DIY Beach Towel Bag.