Stay comfortable at the beach with this DIY.
- Beach Towel
- Fabric Cutter
- Pillow Stuffing
- Sewing Machine
DIY Beach Towel Bag Pillow:
- Measure 24”W x 14”L on your fabric to create the size for the pillow.
- Cut excess fabric away to create the pillow.
- Make sure that the pillow fabric is centered at the front end of your towel.
- Pin the sides of your fabric to the towel.
- Sew 3 sides of your fabric onto the towel.
- Leave about 6” of room for your hand to fit inside to stuff the open side.
- Stuff open pocket with pillow stuffing.
- Pin the 6” closed.
- Sew final 6” closed.
- Hold towel with pillow finished.
DIY Beach Towel Straps:
- Cut fabric for straps. Make it double the width you actually need.
- Fold and iron each side of the fabric strap.
- Sew ends of fabric together.
- Safety pin the top and feed through to hide your frayed edges.
- Iron handle so it is fully flat.
- Fold the fabric at the end a couple of times to hide any of the fray.
- Attach one of the straps to the end of the towel.
- Pin each end of the fabric onto the towel.
- Sew each end of the fabric straps onto the end of the towel.
- The second strap will go in the middle of the back of the towel to ensure the bag has two straps and can be held upright. Use pins to keep a placeholder in your towel. Then, sew the straps onto the towel similar to the first strap sewn.
- You can choose to use leftover fabric scraps from previous projects to add a different design/pop of color to your DIY Beach Towel Bag.