Tamera Mowry-Housley is making bath time a lot more fun and a lot less stressful.
DIY Bath Bombs
- Small plastic toys or trinkets
- Baking soda – 8oz
- Citric acid – 4oz
- Corn starch – 4oz
- Fine sea salt – 4oz
- Coconut oil – melted – 1 ¼ tsp
- 1 ½ tsp water
- 2 mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Bath bomb molds
- Rubber bands
- Soap colorant
- Essential oils 5 – 10 drops
- Measure out then whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl until all clumps are gone.
- Measure out then whisk together the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Slowly pour the liquid mixture in with the dry mixture, whisking as you go. If desired, add in soap colorant and/or essential oils now as you whisk together.
- Spoon the mixture into the mold. Overfill one side of the mold. Slightly under fill the other then press a toy into it then fill it up the rest of the way.
- Firmly press both sides of the mold together. PRO TIP: Wrap the mold with rubber bands to keep tight while the bath bomb sets up for a few minutes.
- Tap the mold to remove each bath bomb. If it crumbles, put it back in and give it more time to set up.
- Set the bath bombs in a tray to dry overnight.
- Store in a sealed plastic bag then enjoy!