- Wax paper
- Ironing board or flat work space to iron on
- Ironing cloth
- Leaves; real or artificial
- Decorative washi tape
- Votive candles, battery operated
1. Fold wax paper in half and cut out into 8x8” squares or to whatever size you desire your lantern to be.
2. Take your leaves and set them inside the folded wax paper.
3. Cover with the ironing cloth and gently iron over the cloth until the wax paper seals together. Remove cloth. You now have one of the sides completed for your lantern.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you have created four wax paper sides for your lantern.
5. Using your washi tape, tape together the sides of your wax paper to create a cube shape. It’s okay for the washi tape to be showing – this is why we shows decorative fall colors!
6. Turn on your votive candles and place inside the lanterns and decorate as desired. Voila!