Stay warm with these throws made out of chunky yarn.
DIY Arm-Knitted Throws
- 6-8 Skeins Chunky Yarn
- Using the end of the yarn, tie a circle and slide your right hand through
- With the knot (of your circle) directly under your wrist, wrap the yarn over the front of your palm
- Take your left hand, and go through yarn loop under your wrist
- Clutch the yarn and pull back through the loop I just went through with left hand, let the loop slip off your right hand
- Continue the above steps for 10-20 stitches
- Now, onto creating our “first row.” You loop your yarn around your right thumb, clutch the remaining yarn in that hand
- Taking next stitch, pass over fist that’s clutching the yarn
- Transfer loop that‘s being clutched to left hand, this creates the initial stitch of these next row
- Repeat steps until row complete
- Continue steps, transferring yarn from hand to hand until you come to end of the yarn
- Start casting off by clutching chunky yarn length with same hand that has the other stitches
- Transfer first stich over top of second stitch and remove from your other hand so there is only one stitch left on that hand.
- Repeat until all stitches are removed from the arm so you’re left with one circle. Finally, pull the remaining length of the yarn through this circle and tie it off!