- Foam core
- X-Acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Fabric scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Command strips
1. Draw your shapes onto the foam core.
2. Cut the shapes out with an X-Acto knife.
3. Place the shapes on your fabric and trace around it with a 2” border. The larger the border the more 3D the art will be because there will be more room to stuff the front.
4. Cut the shapes out of the fabric.
5. Place the foam on the fabric and wrap it around the edges, securing on the back side with hot glue as you go. Make sure to leave about a 5” opening to stuff the front.
Pro Tip: Fold small pleats where necessary to make the fabric fit around curves and corners.
6. Stuff the front of the art.
Pro Tip: Use a ruler or paint stick to pack the stuffing.
7. Close the opening up.
8. Lay the art flat and knead the stuffing with your hands until it’s evenly distributed.
9. Place command strips on the back.
10. Hang as desired and enjoy!