Kym Douglas is welcoming in the New Year with these handy beauty recipes.
Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask:
- ¼ Teaspoon powdered charcoal (Draws out bacteria, chemicals, & dirt from skin’s surface)
- 1 Teaspoon Bentonite Clay (Help remove toxins from pores & reduces inflammation)
- 1 Tablespoon Witch Hazel (Removes excess oil from skin)
- 1 Teaspoon Honey (Honey is a natural antibacterial)
Detoxifying Hair Mask:
- ½ Cup Bentonite Clay (Works as a magnet, draws metals & toxins out of hair)
- ½ Cup Aloe Vera (Removes dandruff & repairs dead skin cells)
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar (Has a pH level super close to human hair. Brings your hair to its ideal state of acidity)
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix honey and witch hazel together, and then add clay and charcoal.
- Spread over face and let dry (about 15-20 mins)
- Rinse off
- Mix together clay, aloe, and ¼ cup apple cider vinegar until it turns into a muddy paste
- Apply mask to hair and let sit for 20-30 mins in a shower cap. Be careful to not let the mixture dry!
- Apply 1 cup of vinegar over hair and let sit for 2 mins
- Rinse and shampoo hair