Parenting expert Demi Austin Thomas shares a unique way to give thanks this season.
How to Give Thanks
TO CREATE THE THANK YOU POSTERS
- Posterboard or cardstock
- Glitter pens
- Any other decorative elements desired
- Draw out the lettering thanking whoever you’d like, for instance our essential workers! PRO TIP: You can also use letter stickers if you don’t want to hand letter.
- Add decorative details like stickers, drawn on details or glitter.
- Display in your front window or yard and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE THANKSGIVING TO-GO BOXES
- To-go boxes
- Gratitude cards
- Fill the box with food.
- Tie a ribbon around the box with bow on top.
- Slide the gratitude card under the ribbon, pass out to those in need in your community!
TO CREATE THE THANKFULNESS TREE
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Paper punch in leaf or another desired shape
- Hole punch
- Markers or pens
- Twine or string
- Spray paint
- Collect branches and twigs, paint if desired. Allow to dry if painting.Cut out a bunch of pieces of paper in the shape of leaves or other desired shape.
- Use a hole punch to create the stringing hole on each cut out.
- You and your family write what you’re thankful for on each cut out.
- Place the branches in the vase.
- String the cut outs individually and hang on the branches as desired.