What Immune Boosting Foods Should We Be Eating?
• dark leafy greens
Kombucha - Kombucha tea is a fermented tea that contains billions of friendly gut organisms (probiotics) that help to strengthen your immune system by bolstering your levels of good organisms in your gut, which provides a first level of defense against pathogens from things you ingest. Good thing to remember is 70% of your immune system lies in your gut flora.
Kefir - is a wonderful yogurt loaded with 10x the probiotics as greek yogurt and it boosts immunity.
What Should Be In Our Supplements?
• Probiotics- live and active
• Vitamin D
• B Vitamins
• An all around multivitamin is a good choice because vitamins and minerals if taken in excess of one particular one, can counter act other nutrients being absorbed in your body.
• A great multivitamin is Alive from Nature’s Way Alive! Is made with 26 fruits and vegetables, contains b-vitamins and vitamin D.
What Foods Weaken Immunity?
• white sugar
• white and wheat flour
• Sugars, along with white/wheat bread spike blood sugar levels in the body, making them toxic. Sugar is a breeding ground for bacteria. They also create inflammation in our organs, weakening the immune system.
• Processed foods
What About Exercise?
• The reason movement is so important is it flushes the body of toxins, creates much needed blood flow and balances out hormones.
• To build your immunity it is important to focus on gentle movement, not hard or intense like cross fit. For recipes including many of these immune boosting foods, you can get Danette’s e-book, “Eat, Drink, and Shrink” at