Materials for Centerpiece or Dessert Plate
- Rectangular plate
- 3x3 inch Aqua Foam with corners cut off
- Moistened Moss
- 2 stems of baby orchids
- 3 glass beads or rocks
Materials for Glass Bowl Vase
- Glass vase
- 1 Frog (heavy metal disk with prongs)
- Small Pebbles (enough to cover frog)
- Three Gerber Daisies. Daisies should be cut at different lengths. Refer to photo.
Materials for Orchid and Shell Arrangement
- Vase of choice
- 2 to 3 orchid plants depending on container size
- Raffia ribbon
- Design Master Ultra Leaf spray
Directions for Centerpiece or Dessert Plate
- Cover around the aqua foam tightly with wet moss as a base for your arrangement .
- Prepare your two orchids stems by cutting from the top to make them different lengths. Cut about 1/4 inch off the top of the first orchid and about 3/4 inch off the top of the second orchid.
- Stick both orchids stems into the aqua foam.
- Pluck 4 extra flowers from the leftover stems and place around the empty space on your plate.
- Place your 3 glass beads among the loose flower petals to finish the look .
- Floral arrangements made on a plate can be a cute garnish for desserts.
Directions for Orchid and Shell Arrangement
- Place orchids in container. The one in the photo holds 3 plants.
- Cover orchid stem clips with moss or raffia ribbon to hide bindings.
- Spray leaves with the Ultra Shine Leaf spray to put a glossy finishing touch on your arrangement.
*Design notes: Orchid arrangements bought from a florist can cost as much as $350. You can buy your own orchids for $19 to $20 a plant from your local garden center or grocery store. Trader Joe's offers a great selection. To care for the orchids, water once a week with 3/4 cup water. Keep in natural light, no direct sun. The plants should last 2 to 3 months with proper care.
Directions for Glass Bowl Vase
- Round glass vase.
- Use a “frog” to secure flowers in place at the bottom of the vase .
- Hide the “frog” base with pebbles and add enough water to cover the frog by an inch.
Get more floral ideas at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
All of Cristina's watering tools and flower sprays are courtesy of Fleurish.