Materials for Centerpiece or Dessert Plate
- Rectangular plate
- 3x3 inch Aqua Foam with corners cut off
- Moistened Moss
- 2 stems of baby orchids
- 3 glass beads or rocks
Materials for Glass Bowl Vase
- Glass vase
- 1 Frog (heavy metal disk with prongs)
- Small Pebbles (enough to cover frog)
- Three Gerber Daisies. Daisies should be cut at different lengths. Refer to photo.
Materials for Orchid and Shell Arrangement
- Vase of choice
- 2 to 3 orchid plants depending on container size
- Raffia ribbon
- Design Master Ultra Leaf spray
Directions for Centerpiece or Dessert Plate
- Cover around the aqua foam tightly with wet moss as a base for your arrangement .
- Prepare your two orchids stems by cutting from the top to make them different lengths. Cut about 1/4 inch off the top of the first orchid and about 3/4 inch off the top of the second orchid.
- Stick both orchids stems into the aqua foam.
- Pluck 4 extra flowers from the leftover stems and place around the empty space on your plate.
- Place your 3 glass beads among the loose flower petals to finish the look .
- Floral arrangements made on a plate can be a cute garnish for desserts.
Directions for Orchid and Shell Arrangement
- Place orchids in container. The one in the photo holds 3 plants.
- Cover orchid stem clips with moss or raffia ribbon to hide bindings.
- Spray leaves with the Ultra Shine Leaf spray to put a glossy finishing touch on your arrangement.
*Design notes: Orchid arrangements bought from a florist can cost as much as $350. You can buy your own orchids for $19 to $20 a plant from your local garden center or grocery store. Trader Joe's offers a great selection. To care for the orchids, water once a week with 3/4 cup water. Keep in natural light, no direct sun. The plants should last 2 to 3 months with proper care.
Directions for Glass Bowl Vase
- Round glass vase.
- Use a “frog” to secure flowers in place at the bottom of the vase .
- Hide the “frog” base with pebbles and add enough water to cover the frog by an inch.
What are your favorite flowers to have in your home, comment below or tag me:
F: Cristina Ferrare
I: Cristina Cooks
P: Cristina Ferrare
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Get more floral ideas at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
All of Cristina's watering tools and flower sprays are courtesy of Fleurish.