- Artificial (or foam craft) pumpkin
- Acrylic paint
- 1 piece of cardboard (or styrofoam board, to fit the inside bottom of pumpkin)
- Exacto knife
- Glue gun
- Pick the size of the pumpkin you'd like to work with.
- Cut an opening in the front of the pumpkin.
- Paint the inside of the pumpkin. (This will be your night background.)
- Cut your cardboard (or styrofoam board) to fit inside the bottom of the pumpkin. (You can use a hot glue gun on the pieces to secure them to the pumpkin.)
- Glue a thin layer of moss to your cardboard.
- Decide beforehand what kind of scene you'd like to make and find store-bought miniatures to fit the inside.
- Place your scene the way you want it and glue into place.
- Cut a hole in the back big enough to fit your light chord.
- You now have your finished Halloween diorama to proudly display.
-You can cut smaller pieces to add higher and lower areas to the base. -Add small battery powered lights or battery pack lights to the inside. -Can also use Christmas lights. -Dioramas make great night-lights for the kids.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.