Ken Wingard shows simple skills DIYers can use to get comfortable using saws.
Ken Wingard shows simple skills DIYers can use to get comfortable using saws. Take crafts to the next level by learning to embrace saws including the jigsaw and circular saw with these tips from Ken.
JIG SAW TIPS:
- Slim, lightweight, and simple to use
- Many blades are available: can cut through fiberglass, steel, and drywall, wood, etc.
- Corded and battery powered. Interchangeable batteries can be bought within the same brand
- Can cut many different angles; can cut curves
- $30 - $300. Higher the price = more precise cuts and stronger power
- Can quickly cut through a large stack of wood
- Capable of cutting through anything
- Vertical angle of cut can be adjusted from its standard ninety degrees to forty-five degrees, or to any angle in between
- Can also change the depth of the cut
- More expensive, upwards of a couple hundred dollars
Follow Ken on social at @KennethWingard