Tools and Materials:
- Medium size pumpkin, $4
- Sharp metal cookie cutters, $7
- Carving knife
- Scooping spoon
- Bowl for pumpkin scoopings
- Rubber mallet, $4
- Flameless votive candle, $1
- Mix in other shapes like stars, hearts, and animals.
- For colored pumpkins, spray paint before you insert cookie cutters.
- Spray paint pumpkin )optional to paint before or after hollowing).
- Cut off top and hollow out pumpkin.
- Hammer cookie cutters into pumpkin to create cut-away shapes.
- Remove cookie cutter.
- Run a sharp knife around the cut-out shapes to make sure shape is clear.
- Gently pop out shapes.
- Insert lit candle, replace top, and enjoy the glow.
Check out momtrepreneur Tanya Memme and all things lifestyle on her website TanyaMemme.com. Follow her crafty adventures on Twitter @Tanya_Memme and take a look at more DIY fun on Facebook.com/TanyaMemme.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.