- Cinnamon sticks 6” long
- Glitter ribbon ½” wide
- Yarn needles x2
- Jingle bells
- Wooden beads
- Gardening shears
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Desired hook for hanging
1. Lay out your cinnamon sticks and use garden shears or scissors to cut each one slightly shorter than the one before to create a triangular tree shape. If you are making a larger windchime, glue two cinnamon sticks together to elongate the stick then cut it down from there.
2. Wrap each stick in desired color of ribbon. Place a dab of hot glue where you want the ribbon to start. Press the end of the ribbon onto it and tightly wrap the stick, finish the wrap with another dab of hot glue at the opposite end. Repeat until you’ve wrapped all the sticks.
3. Cut a long strand of twine and string it through a yarn needle.
4. Feed three jingle bells onto the twine to the center then fold the strand in half. Tie a knot a few inches above or however far you want the bells to hang.
5. Thread the other end of the twine into the second yarn needle. Both ends of the twine should have a needle now.
6. Place the largest stick in between the two sides of twine and feed both of the needles through the hole of a wooden bead. Pull taut. Place the next largest stick in between the twine, then string another bead on. Continue placing the sticks and feeding on the beads as spacers until the tree is complete.
7. Cross the ends of the twine over and pull taut so the tree is secured together.
8. Add a jingle bell as the tree topper and tie a knot to secure.
9. Use the excess twine at the top to hang as desired and enjoy!