An inexpensive Christmas DIY perfect for getting crafty with kids.
DIY Christmas Table Runner
Christmas Table Runners - Home & Family
- Existing plain table runner
- Fabric paint
- Acrylic paint pen
- Pom-pom trim
- Make the stamp. Draw out or trace a printout of the desired shape like a tree or a circle for an ornament onto the sponge. PRO TIP: If you’re going to use multiple paint colors, create as many stamps as you have colors.
- Cut each stamp out with scissors.
- Stamp the runner on a covered work surface. Use a paintbrush to apply paint to the stamp and stamp, apply some pressure and lift. Use a different stamp for each color. PRO TIP: Use the paintbrush to fill in any spots that didn’t get painted.
- Once you’ve finished stamping, move to dry in another spot so it doesn’t stick to the surface.
- Adhere the pom-pom trim. Cut a length to size of each side of the runner and adhere with fabri-tac.
- Use a paint pen to add any details like the ornament cap and hook to your design.
- Allow the paint and glue to completely dry. Set out for gatherings or just as décor and enjoy!