TO CREATE THE POPSICLE STICK SNOWFLAKE:
1. Use a ruler and pencil to divide the wooden circle into 6 even sections. This will be the back of your snowflake so don’t worry about markings.
2. Glue a popsicle stick where each line is drawn.
3. Use wire snips to cut 6 popsicle sticks in half.
4. Mark two inches down from the tip of each point of your snowflake.
5. Where you’ve marked on each point, glue two halves of popsicle sticks in a “v” shape. Continue on each point until you’ve finished your snowflake. Make sure you’re gluing on what will become the back of your snowflake.
6. Mix some glitter and mod podge together and paint the snowflake. Allow to dry.
7. Hang on the wall, tree or anywhere else you’d like and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE POPSICLE STICK SLED:
1. Cut four of your popsicle sticks down to 3” these are the slats of your sled.
2. Cut one popsicle stick down to 2 ½” this will be the bar that goes across the top of your sled.
3. Cut another popsicle stick down to 1” for the brace of your sled.
4. Round the corners of all of the pieces you cut, except the brace, on a piece of sandpaper.
5. Paint two full sized popsicle sticks brown, the four 3” pieces red or white. Paint the 2 ½” piece the same color as the 3” pieces. Allow them to dry.
6. Place the four 3” pieces side by side and lower the outer two to create an arch. Glue the 1” piece across the center of your slats.
7. Glue the two full sized brown sticks perpendicular to the outer sticks against the brace creating an “h” shape.
8. Flip the sled over and glue the 2 ½” piece across the top.
9. Feed some tiny jingle bells onto a strand of twine and tie it around the top piece of the sled.
10. Tie in or glue on some greenery for decoration and enjoy!