Ken Wingard creates a DIY Christmas House Night Light inspired by "The Night Before Christmas."
DIY Christmas House Nightlight
Share More Merry - DIY Christmas House Night Light - Home & Family
- Colonial birdhouse
- Rotating Santa sleigh for Christmas village
- 1 1/8” drill bit
- Christmas village accessory light cord
- Miniature garland and other mini Christmas decorations
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wire snips
- Small wooden blocks to elevate the rotating mechanism
- Drill a hole into the center of the roof and the back panel of the birdhouse. The hole on the top is for the rotating sleigh mechanism and the hole in the back is for the lightbulb. Consider where you want each of these elements to go before marking and drilling.
- Remove the back panel of the birdhouse if you haven’t already.
- Decorate the house with the miniature garland and Christmas decorations. Attach with hot glue.
- Place the rotating Santa in the house. You may have to place the mechanism in through the back opening and the post with the Santa down through the hole.
- Raise or lower the mechanism with blocks as needed so that it can rotate freely without hitting the chimney or roof of the house.
- Reattach the back panel of the house.
- Place the Christmas village accessory lightbulb through the hole in the back panel.
- Place in your décor, light up, turn on the rotating Santa and enjoy!