- Chair with upholstered seat
- Straight pins
- Staple gun and staples
- Flip the chair over and remove the seat.
- On a flat surface, position fabric on chair seat, right side up; pin lightly to chair cushion. Carefully flip over the cushion and fabric to keep the fabric in place.
- Trace outline of seat onto the back side of fabric, adding 4" all around; cut out.
- Start from the middle of one edge: Pull fabric tightly up to the bottom of the seat; staple in place. Repeat on opposite side, then on remaining sides, then staple from the middle outward. At corners, fold fabric neatly; staple in place.
- Trim excess fabric and remove pins.
- Replace seat in chair frame.