- Damaged upholstered couch or chair
- Fabric with pattern
- Fabric scissors
- Mod podge
- Chip brush
- Wax paper, cling wrap or another non-stick surface
- Artist paintbrush
1. Cut a piece of fabric roughly to the size of the area you need to fix. You want it to be bigger than necessary so you can trim it down after coating. If there is an area of the pattern you want to accentuate, cut a border around it so it doesn’t fray.
2. Coat the fabric with mod podge using a chip brush on a piece of wax paper or another non-stick surface. Allow to dry.
PRO TIP: If you have the space, hanging these up by clothespins works nicely for drying.
3. Cut the fabric down to the exact shape you want.
4. Use paint the fabric glue on around the edge of the fabric and where furniture is torn.
5. Place the fabric patch on and press until it holds.
6. Allow the glue to dry for 24 hours before handling or use and enjoy!