- Twine (any size, type, etc.) You can swap this out for ribbon, yarn or anything like that you currently have in your craft arsenal!
- Craft wire (any gauge but I’m using 24)
- Hot glue
- Craft wire cutters
- Craft needle nose pliers
- Paper clips
- Paper or feather wings for crafts
1. Take some of your twine and start wrapping the side of your hand. If you’d like to keep both hands free for crafting, find a piece of card stock or even packaging material and use that.
2. With the twine still attached to the roll, continue wrapping your hand. I didn’t count, but depending on the thickness of your twine, the amount of times you wrap your hand will change. Continue until you like the size of your angel’s body.
3. Once you like the size, take your scissors and cut the twine from the roll.
4. Remove the twine from your hand (or anything you are using to wrap/roll it), making sure that you keep the wrapping intact.
5. Take a piece of twine or craft wire and wrap it around the twine about a quarter of the way down. This creates the divide in the little angel between the body and the head.
6. Tie this off to make sure that it stays in place. You will need to double knot it or wrap the wire around itself.
7. Take the pieces of twine that create the head and arrange them a bit to look more round. Feel free to pull some of the bottom pieces until you are happy with the look of your angel’s head.
8. For the wings, dive into your craft room. This can be whatever you would like it to be. I used ribbon, twine, feather angel wings, and craft paper angel wings.
9. For using ribbon, tie the ribbon or twine around the neck to give it a finished look. Create a bow in the back of the angel to create the wings. Once you are happy with your design, lock it in place with a little dab of hot glue. If you are using paper or feather wings, you can glue those in place as well.
10. To hang these little angels, I just took a paper clip and ran it up the back of the angel. This will hang on a nail, thumbtack or picture hanger.
11. Hang them and enjoy your little angels!