- Beads (you can use new beads or borrow from old treasured pieces)
- Old Jewelry (optional)
- Jump rings
- Jewelry pliers or small needle nose pliers
- Leather lace
- Leather hole punch (optional)
- Fabric scissors
- Scrap leather
- Feather stencil or template
1. Print your feather template and cut out on a piece of paper. You could also draw the feather yourself if you like but I went with a template.
2. Take your scrap leather and place you feather template on the backside. With a pencil trace around your template.
3. Cut out your leather feather with fabric scissors. This will be the base of your necklace.
4. Take your leather whole punch and make a hole at the stem of the feather. The stem will be the top of your feather.
5. Using your jewelry pliers separate a small jump ring and thread through the hole you just made in the feather. Keep the jump ring open.
6. This is where you can add any beads, charms or crystals to your necklace. Whatever means something special to you or inspires you. Simply thread onto the jump ring.
7. Once all embellishments are added close your jump ring using your jewelry pliers ensuring there are no cabs to that your inspirational embellishments don’t fall off.
8. Start by taking your roll of leather lace, wrap the strand around your neck to measure for size. You are measuring for where you want your necklace to hang when it’s complete. Using your fabric scissors cut to size and set aside.
9. Take your cut piece of leather lace and double it so that both ends meet.
10. Take the loop end and thread it through the jump ring. Take your two loose ends and thread through the loop, pulling tightly to secure and create a knot. This secures your feather, charms and beads in place at the bottom of your necklace.
11. Hang around your neck and secure in place with another knot behind your neck and wear with pride.