- Card stock
- Printer (or write your own)
- Sharpie (or permanent marker)
- Tissue or paper towel
- Water-based markers
- Ziploc or plastic bag (gallon size – large)
- Spray bottle with water
- OPTIONAL: 8x10 frames
- OPTIONAL: Paper cutter or scissors
- OPTIONAL: Ruler
I love starting the day surrounded by things that make me smile. That includes my hubby, my bestie, my kittens, my puppies and inspirational quotes. In my office, I have quotes about getting things done and productivity, but in the main part of the house, I like to sprinkle little reminders to myself and others to smile or have a wonderful day! Today, I will be showing you how to make your own inspirational quote to brighten up your home!
1. Start by heading to the web and finding some inspirational quotes that speak to you. You can print these on card stock or draw your own in permanent marker.
2. Set the paper down on a non-porous surface. If you do use a porous surface, take some parchment or wax paper and put it down to work on.
3. Take your plastic bag and lay it over the paper.
4. Take your markers and scribble a bit of color all around the plastic bag. Use as many colors as you would like!
5. Take your spray bottle and generously squirt water onto the plastic bag, covering all the areas of the marker. This assures that your color will move around and create a water-color look.
6. Flip the plastic bag over onto the paper and rub in the colors with your fingers.
7. Remove the bag and set aside.
8. Take tissues or paper towels and dab off any excess water. Use the paper towels to clean the plastic bag as well since you can use it over and over again.
9. If you are not framing this, you are done! If you would like to frame this, cut the paper from 8.5”x11” to 8”x10” to fit in your frame.
10. Hang and enjoy!
Watch all-new At Home With Our Family videos weekdays at 4pm EST/3pm CST/1pm PST on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Check out all At Home With Our Family videos, recipes and DIYs >>