- Wood plaque (you can make your own or buy pre-made ones). NOTE: I used a pre-made slat plaque sign that is. 18” x 24”
- White matte or chalk paint
- Black matte or chalk paint
- Self-adhesive vinyl letters, 3”. I used a cursive script.
- Block stencil letters, 6”. I used a block script to accompany the cursive script.
- Large chip brush
- Foam blotter/dauber sponge brush for stencils
- Stiff felt material package of various colors. I used 8”x10.”
- Scissors for fabric
- Regular scissors
- Blue painter’s tape
- Ruler or tape measure
- Velcro – self-adhesive
- Spray adhesive for stencils
- Double-sided tape
- Paper plate
- Paper towels
1. Make sure your wood plaque is clean and dry. Any dirt, dust (or sawdust) will stop the vinyl letters from sticking.
2. Take a little bit of your white paint with your chip brush and use the paper plate to remove any excess paint from the brush. We will be doing a dry-brush technique, so there only needs to be a little bit of white paint on your chip brush.
3. Lightly add white paint to the board with your brush. If it’s too much paint, you can use paper towel to wipe it dry.
4. Take your sheet of 3” vinyl letters and using regular scissors, cut out the letters that you will need to make the phrase “Welcome to our”.
5. Space these letters out on your board. You can use your pencil and ruler to space out the letters completely, and use blue tape to create a line at the bottom of the letters to make sure your sign is straight.