Orly Shani is sharing how to create your own DIY vintage mirrors.
- Glass & frame, any other glass objects you may find around your home like a vase and picture frame
- Painters Tape
- Mirror-effect paint spray
- Dry erase markers
At Home With Our Family - DIY Mercury Glass - Home & Family
- Spray mirrored paint spray on the backside of glass. Do a light coat first.
- While the back is still wet, spritz with vinegar/water mixture in a spray bottle.
- Repeat these steps for a second coat.
- Set aside to dry and then get started on any other objects.
- For the vase & frame, use the tape on the outer edges on the opposite side of what you’re painting so it shines through at the end.
- Repeat the two coats of mirror-effect and the water/vinegar mixture. Then let dry.
- Once the glass is dry, take the backing of the frame & flip it so it's darker side up. This will help make the silver pop.
- Take you paint pens, and stencil if needed, and create your lettering a design.
Watch all-new At Home With Our Family videos weekdays at 4pm EST/3pm CST/1pm PST on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Check out all At Home With Our Family videos, recipes and DIYs >>