Ken Wingard shares how to pick the perfect lamp shade.
At Home With Our Family - Finding the Right Size Lampshade
- The shade shape should mimic the base shape - round shades for round bases and rectangular shades for rectangular bases.
- For a traditional look, the shade should be 1/3 of the total height of the lamp with shade.
- For a modern look, the shade can be up to half the height of the overall lamp.
- Shades should be at least twice the width of the base.
- With candlestick lamps, the shade should be no wider than the height of the lamp base.