Ken Wingard is at Home with his Family sharing how to make a Yarn Tassel Christmas Tree using the leftover yarn you already have!
DIY Yarn Christmas Tree
- Hot glue
- Cut cardboard to fit frame.
- Cut fabric to be 2” larger than cardboard on all sides.
- Lay cardboard on top of wrong side of fabric and fold edges of fabric up around cardboard. Hold in place with hot glue.
- Secure covered cardboard in frame using hot glue.
- Cut a 4” square of cardboard and cut a small slit on each side near the top.
- Cut a 5” piece of yarn and secure each in on slits.
- Wrap yarn 30 times around non-slit sides of cardboard square.
- Take 5” piece of yarn out of slots, pull up and gather tightly around top of wrapped yarn and tie in knot.
- Cut opposite end of wrapped yard with scissors, releasing it from cardboard.
- Gather loose ends of yarn together and tie another piece of 5” yarn about an inch below top tie to create a tassel.
- Repeat, creating 10 tassels
- Attach twig vertically at bottom of board using hot glue.
- Covering twig slightly, glue 4 tassels to create bottom of tree.
- Above these tassels, but still overlapping, glue 3 tassels.
- Above these, glue 2 tassels.
- Glue a single tassel at top.