The Holidays bring beautiful blooms and Shirley Bovshow answers all of your Christmas plant questions.
CHRISTMAS CACTUS CARE:
- Repot cactus after it blooms
- To make it bloom- place in a room not used often (where lights won’t be turned on and off frequently).
- Place a box over the cactus for approximately 15 hours nightly to speed up blooming process
- Once it blooms, repot it. Select a pot one size larger than the current pot. Fill with 50% potting soil and 50% cactus mix.
INDOOR ROSEMARY CARE:
- Place near window to ensure lots of sunlight
- Ideal temperature setting is around 65-70 degrees
- Soil should be dry to the touch
- Water thoroughly until the water runs out the bottom
HOW TO MAKE AMARYLLIS BLOOM INDOORS:
- Amaryllis needs a resting period in cool weather to bloom
- To make amaryllis bloom indoors place in a cool room (below 60 degrees) and let it rest
- Do not water and leave for 4-6 weeks, leaves will turn yellow
- Optional: cut off leaves and repot
- Re-pot bulbs in either soil or water