Celebrity florist Amy Marella shows us how to create a beautiful floral centerpiece that will last all season long.
DIY Floral Holiday Centerpiece
Gardening, Flower Arraignments
- Long and low box
- Mason jars or any small vases you may have
- Pruning sheers
- Floral wire
- Ornaments on picks
- Find a low and long box for your centerpiece.
- Add oasis floral foam into the box around the vases.
- Add vases or mason jars into the box.
- Start filling in the box with the Christmas greens. Shove them into the foam. PRO TIP: Keep adding in water overtime to keep the foam wet & fueling the Christmas greens.
- Add embellishments throughout the greens like ornaments on pics, pinecones and ribbons. Use bits of floral wire to secure as needed.
- Give the flowers a nice fresh cut. Add in flowers to the vases with fresh water. PRO TIP: Good seasonal flowers are red tulips, iliac berries and red roses.
- Place the centerpiece and enjoy! PRO TIP: Change out flowers after a couple weeks or whenever flowers start looking droopy.