Amy Marella returns and shows how simple it is to make a beautiful cornucopia filled with Autumn flowers.
DIY Cornucopia Centerpiece
DIY CORNUCOPIA CENTERPIECE MATERIALS:
- Cornucopia basket
- ½ yard burlap fabric
- 1 yard of linen ribbon
- Strip of birch
- 1 yard of fabric-covered wire
- Fall leaves
- Faux bittersweet berries
- Small tray for foam
- Floral foam brick
- Chicken wire
- Green floral tape
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
PRODUCE AND FLOWERS:
- Flint corn
- Mini white pumpkins
- Fall preserved leaves
- Oak pin leaves
- Button mums
- Hypericum berries
- Dried wheat
DIY CORNUCOPIA CENTERPIECE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Wrap the basket with burlap fabric and tuck the fabric into the center.
- Tie off the tip of the cornucopia with ribbon.
- Hot glue leaves and faux berries to ribbon trim.
- Place a strip of birch around the opening of the basket and secure with hot glue and fabric-covered wire. PRO TIP: Pre-soak birch strips overnight.
- Attach a few pieces of flint corn to the edge of the basket.
- Wrap floral foam with chicken wire and cross with floral tape. This will ensure that your brick does not break apart when you put the flowers in it.
- Wet floral foam and put in a floral tray.
- Add fall flowers, leaves, wheat and hypericum berries to floral foam. Allow flowers to spill out of the basket a bit.
- Add additional fall leaves, pumpkins and flint corn onto the table.
- To maintain the centerpiece, pull the floral foam out every couple of days to add fresh water so that your flowers can continue to drink it up.
- As flowers die, pull them out and replace so you can enjoy the centerpiece as long as possible!