Amy Latta shows how to make custom personalized jewelry just in time for the holidays.
DIY Watercolor Necklace
Fashion, Jewelry, Gifts
- Pencil and eraser
- Bezel pendant tray with glass cabochon in your choice of shape and size
- Hot-press watercolor paper
- Colorful water-based markers
- Plastic sandwich bag
- Aqua pen filled with clean water
- Monoline drawing pen or another waterproof fine-tip marker
- Mod podge
- Artist brush
- Ball chain necklace
- Use a pencil to trace the shape of the cabochon onto the hot-press watercolor paper.
- Scribble your choice of colorful water-based markers onto the plastic baggie.
- Run the tip of your aqua brush through the colors of choice on the baggie, then use the aqua brush to paint inside the traced shape. Allow to dry completely.
- Draw a phrase or initial inside the traced shape with the painted background using a waterproof fine-tip marker.
- Use scissors to cut out the traced shape slightly inside your line to fit the bezel and cabochon.
- Adhere the cut out to the bezel by painting a little mod podge onto the bezel then pressing the cut out on.
- Attach the cabochon by painting some mod podge on the flat side and pressing onto the bezel. PRO TIP: Mod podge dries clear, so don’t worry if it looks cloudy at first!
- Thread the ball chain through the loop of the bezel pendant, wear and enjoy!