- Mismatched mittens
- Chunky yarn
- Thin yarn
- Tapestry or yarn needle
- Fabric scissors
1. Thread some thin yarn through a needle. String a strand of yarn through the top corner of each mitten pull it through so it’s doubled. This is what you will use to secure the mittens to the chunky yarn.
2. To cover the point of connection to the mitten string another strand of yarn through the top corner right next where you strung the other piece through and tie a bow. Repeat on each mitten.
3. Now it’s time to attach the mittens to the chunky yarn. Feed both ends of the first piece of yarn you strung through back into the eye of the needle. String the doubled yarn through the center of the chunky yarn.
Pro tip: Work on a flat surface so you can make sure the yarn and mittens are all facing the same direction. When you hang them, they will twist to whatever direction they were attached at.
4. Use the tails to wrap around the yarn and knot, repeat until secure.
5. Trim any excess yarn from the knots.
6. If desired, make pom-poms out of the chunky garland to pin the corners.
7. Hang as desired and enjoy!