What better way to bring your family and friends together this holiday season than with the “Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich,” served alongside the perfect cup of coffee. To start this recipe, all you’ll need are a few key ingredients:
1. Whisk the eggs together with just a touch of cream
2. Add shredded cheddar cheese
3. Add salt & pepper to taste
The next step in making the “Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich” includes creating a hearty filling of roasted tomatoes and cream cheese. Even though tomatoes are not in season, roasting them will give them a nice, caramelized flavor.
Roasted Tomatoes Instructions:
1. Drizzle tomatoes with oil
2. Lightly season to taste
3. Bake at 325° for about 15-20 minutes
Cream Cheese Spread Instructions:
1. Mix smear of cream cheese with 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Now it’s time to assemble the sandwich. You’ll need to gather all the ingredients together, along with the roasted tomatoes and cream cheese spread.
1. Add scrambled eggs to bottom bagel half
2. Add lettuce
3. Add bacon slices
4. Add roasted heirloom tomato slice (lightly seasoned)
5. Smear cream cheese mix on other bagel half
6. Put together & eat!
With your family assembled and your “Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich” now complete, consider topping off this amazing meal with one of Folgers'® Black Silk coffees. Since 1854, Folgers® Coffee has maintained a dedication to superior taste. Nowhere is that more evident than with the bold yet exceptionally smooth flavor of Folgers® Black Silk coffees.
For more from Folgers®, visit their website www.folgerscoffee.com