Frost it all over, or just give it a layer in the middle for a touch of sweet. A simple buttercream frosting goes great with this cake or keep it plain and serve as a great tea cake.
Harvest Spice Cake
Prep Time: 10 mins., Cook Time: 35 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoons allspice
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ softened stick butter (¾ cup)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Soften butter and add to mixture along with eggs, buttermilk, and zest.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt or decorated pan.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Turn out onto cooling rack after about 10 minutes of cooling in the pan.
- Frost as desired or sprinkle with powdered sugar.